Custom Search

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

UPDATED: iPad Review Contest!



    UPDATED: Here's the deal: I need an iPad to review. You want an iPad. Obviously, it's contest time.
     I would love to do an iPad unboxing/review/comparisons, but I don't have the cash money to buy an iPad to review. That's where you come in: Donations. I need donations from you guys to help me purchase an iPad to review. This review, it'd be thorough. I'd get my hands dirty. I'd answer all of your iPad questions.

    That's not all, though. These donations would be coming out of the kindness of your heart, so I would need to give back. How? With an iPad, that's how. If I can raise enough money for an iPad, I will buy an iPad, review it, and then give it away! How will I choose who gets it, though? Easy: Give back to the person that gave the most. I will give the iPad away to the person that makes the biggest donation. All you have to do is take a video of you (or pictures put together into a video) making the donation, clearly showing that you donated however much money and use that to make a video reply to this video, and I will message that person directly through YouTube to let them know they have won an iPad.

   So let's recap: I need $587 (tax included) for an iPad to review, and if I can get that much money in donations, the most generous donator will win that iPad once my review is complete.

   I will be updating everyone via YouTube every couple of days to let you guys know how the donations are coming, so click this link to subscribe to my videos to see how it goes. When I have the money to purchase the iPad, I will tell everyone who donated the most, so that person knows that they are getting it for sure, and that there is physical proof. Oh, and that way they'll be living in agony while I conduct my review. The deadline for this contest is next friday, the 9th, but if I can't generate enough donations by then, I will extend it and the review/giveaway will be for a WiFi + 3G iPad. Oh, and I might throw in a little something extra for the winner.

And yes, I will be extremely careful with it while the review takes place.

Good luck, everyone, and start donating!

2 comments:

  1. I know it sounds shady, but I have every intention of actually following through with what I have said. I believe that doing something like this is just good publicity for my blog, and I am willing to do something like this to get that. I will not just take the money (or iPad) and run. I've seen contests extremely similar to mine on youtube and those people have tons of comments saying that they will donate and whatnot, but they believe that person because they have a reputation. I realize I do not have a reputation on youtube or the internet yet, but I am trying to change that. I also realize that this contest probably won't yield any results and I will be buying an iPad regardless. Will I have it in a reasonable amount of time to make a review of it still relevant? probably not, but I do intend to do iPad App reviews and such. Thank you for your interest, though.

    ReplyDelete